Thursday, 17 June 2010

Twenty five random things about me


  1. I write my shopping lists in the order that the shop is laid out, starting with fresh produce.
  2. On the topic of shopping, I used to add up the prices of everything that I buy in my head and know the total amount before I go to the till, just for fun.
  3. I recently went to Cape Town with non-matching shoes, only realising it halfway there. I walked around with one brown and one red shoe until the height difference started to bother me, and went barefoot the rest of the way.
  4. My Outlook has to be the first program opened after my computer starts up, so it can be left-most. If it crashes during the day, I close everything else and re-open Outlook first before opening the other programs up again. Photoshop has to be second.
  5. I like keyboard shortcuts so much, that when my mouse batteries die, I am able to carry on working, albeit a bit slower in some cases.
  6. Although I've given my heart to God at the age of 6, the essence of the message of God's grace really only became clear to me at the age of 31.
  7. With some things I am really disciplined, but with other things not at all. I can say no food when I'm dying to have it, but I battle to tidy the house when it's a mess.
  8. I love liquorice (sweet or salty), biltong and Pringles. Those are luxury items that'll make my day, any day, anywhere, any reason. The more fat the biltong has and the wetter it is, the better.
  9. There's a smell in veterinary clinics that makes me faint. That, and standing on a stage under a spotlight for too long.
  10. I do not own make-up. I've tried being that girl, but it's just not me. I do paint my toenails, though.
  11. I have yet to come across a perfume that smells really good on me.
  12. Natie taught me to eat steak less well-done than I grew up with, and he introduced me to stinky cheese. Now I eat my steak rawer than he does (rare) and cheese ripe to the point that he will almost not eat it anymore.
  13. My favourite cup of coffee is made with lots of hot full cream milk, then a teaspoon of coffee (Ricoffy, not Nescafé), then as much sugar as coffee, filled to the brim with boiling water. Hmm. Having a cup right now!I don't drink coffee anymore now that I'm pregnant again; just the smell makes me nauseous.
  14. I love figuring out formulas in Excel.
  15. My taste is very contradictory sometimes - I like movies like "Kill Bill" and "The Sound of Music". My favourite colours are warm and earthy (reds, oranges, browns, greens), but I like wearing blues and pinks.
  16. I used to be ashamed of crying during movies.
  17. When real-life tragedy happens to people I know and love, I battle to cry (even though I do feel deeply for them), but the tears flow readily when I watch something happy or sad on TV or DVD - even ads or animations! Is that weird?
  18. Most of the conversations I have with people, occur only in my head. Sometimes I will think of something that I want to tell someone, and I'll just go ahead and tell them in my mind... guess it's not a great way of communicating, is it?
  19. Reading is one of the worst things I can do before going to sleep. I do get to that point where I feel sleepy, but I always think "just this one paragraph", or "only to the end of the page", and then carry on reading until I'm wide awake again.
  20. I'm learning not to be a people-pleaser. And I'm learning to say no to things I do not really want to do. Even to things I really do want to do, but don't have time for.
  21. My Gran had her 3rd child at the age of 30. That child was my mom, and she had her 3rd child at the age of 30. That child was me, and I had my 3rd child at the age of 30. I only figured this out at the age of 31. Nina doesn't have to complete the pattern.
  22. I love my nose.
  23. I have a memory like an elephant's. Just wish I could defrag it now and again.
  24. My indecision has the tendency to drive my husband up the wall. I don't get it, because my reasoning for not being able to choose is always very sensible.
  25. Natie & I got legally married the day before our wedding-day, because his uncle married us and didn't have a marriage license anymore. There wasn't time to go through the legal proceedings beforehand on the same day, as we had a lunchtime wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment